- For Forest – The Unending Attraction of Nature, Wörthersee Stadium, Austria, by Klaus Littmann
Swiss art curator Klaus Littmann planted a replica of a European forest in a football stadium to act as a memorial to nature. The project draws on the dystopian vision of artist Max Peintner, which imagined a world where trees would only exist like species of animals in a zoo.
“For Forest is very timely as it coincides with growing global discussions and activism linked to deforestation and climate change,” Littmann told Dezeen. “It took me nearly 30 years to realise this project but never has the timing of one of my projects been so spot on.”
- Order of Importance, Miami, USA, by Leandro Erlich
- Bent Pool, Miami, USA, by Elmgreen and Dragset
- Symbiosia, Fondation Cartier, France, by Thijs Biersteker and Stefano Mancuso
- Totemy, Poznań, Poland, by Alicja Biała and Iwo Borkowicz
- Alaska, Venice Art Biennale, Italy, by Virgil Abloh